Dr. DANIELA BROWN, lecturer in English at the University of Bucharest, teaches Medieval, Renaissance, Victorian literature and Visual Arts in Britain. Her interests include: the history and theory of literature, visual arts and academic essay writing. She holds a Postgraduate Certificate in British Cultural Studies from the University of Warwick, U.K.
- “The Victorian Taste for the Medieval” in University of Bucharest Review: A Journal of Literary and Cultural Studies, ‘A Matter of Taste’, vol VII, 2005
- Rococo in Britain: A Comparative Approach in the Visual Arts and Literature. Bucureşti: Editura Universităţii Bucureşti, 2004
- “The Secret Influence of Photography on Late Victorian Literature and Painting” in University of Bucharest Review: A Journal of Literary and Cultural Studies, ’The Secret and the Known’ Vol. VI, No. 3, 2004
- “Photography as Memory in Victorian Literature” in University of Bucharest Review: A Journal of Literary and Cultural Studies, ‘Sites of Memory’ Vol. V, No. 4, 2003
- “Robin Hood- A Recycled Hero”, in Culture, History, Heritage, Theoretical Readings of the British Past. Bucharest: The British Council, 1996