Dr. IOANA GOGEANU is currently Senior Lecturer at the English Department, University of Bucharest, where she teaches courses on British Civilization, History of medieval and Renaissance English literature, hermeneutic phenomenology. She holds a Ph.D. in Hermeneutics from the Pennsylvania State University with a thesis on a Heideggerian perspective on the being-true of myth and she is completing a second Ph.D. in Literary theory at the University of Bucharest with a dissertation on Deconstruction. She had a fellowship at Oxford (1991) and a Fulbright fellowship (1993-96), and she is the recipient of the Pennsylvania State University Graham Award (1997). During the academic year 2007-2008 she was Guest of the Rector at New Europe College with a project on “Hamlet and the Rhetoric of Boredom”.
She is a member of The American Philosophical Association and of The Romanian Society of Phenomenology. After 1989 she organized a special programme of lectures on art history (with the Courtauld Institute of Art History, London) and history of religions (with the Universities of Geneva and Lausanne).
- “ A Phenomenological Interpretation of the Holy Cross as Middle Region in Some Late Antiquity and Early Medieval Texts,“ in Espaces et Mondes au Moyen Age, Cioba, M., C. Girbea, I. Gogeanu, M. Voicu (eds.) (Bucharest: EUB, 2009)
- “The Rhetorical Model” in Models and Metamorphoses, Bucharest University Press (2006)
- “The Tradition of the Death of Metaphysics and the Understanding of Literature (II)” Synthesis, vol. xxx, Institut d’histoire et théorie littéraire de l’Academie roumaine: EAR, pp. 17-38. (2005)
- – “The Preverbality of the Sacred in Paul Ricoeur” Caietele Institutului Romano-Catolic Sf. Theresa, Bucharest (2003)
- “The Tradition of the Death of Metaphysics and the Understanding of Literature (I)” Synthesis, vol. xxix/2002, Institut d’histoire et théorie littéraire de l’Academie roumaine, Bucarest: EAR, pp. 75-100 (2002)
- “J. Derrida: Differance and Indecidability” in Synthesis, vol. xxvi, Institut d’histoire et théorie littéraire de l’Academie roumaine, Bucarest: EAR, pp. 9-24 (1999)
- “Reflections on Negativity: Gertrude in Hamlet” in Analele Universitatii Bucuresti (University of Bucharest Working Papers), Bucharest: EUB, pp. 51-73 (1998)
- “Post-structuralism in Retrospect” in Cahiers roumains d’etudes litteraires, vol 1-2, Bucharest: Ed. Univers, pp. 43-53 (1996)
- “U-topos, eu-topos” in Synthesis, vol. xviii, Institut d’histoire et théorie littéraire de l’Academie roumaine, Bucarest: EAR, pp. 43-50 (1991)